KCI is working with the Anne Arundel County Department of Public Works (DPW) to plan for a new enterprise Asset and Work Order Management (AWOM) System. Our team’s role on this project includes asset inventory documentation, cross-functional workflow documentation, comprehensive needs assessment and gap analysis, development of functional system requirements, level of service workshops, risk assessments, asset management plans and an implementation roadmap.
This work has included stakeholder coordination; information gathering and interviews; documenting asset inventories for water, stormwater, wastewater, highways and plant assets; documentation of “as-is” and “to-be” cross-functional workflows across DPW bureaus and groups; a comprehensive Needs Assessment and Gap Analysis; and development of functional AWOM system requirements that will be included in an RFP. Moving forward, KCI will be developing AWOM Management Plans for each bureau and an Implementation Roadmap for DPW.
Services completed as part of this multi-year contract include:
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Coordination / Interviews
- Asset Data Inventory & Assessment
- Cross-Functional Workflow Workshops
- Needs Assessment & Gap Analysis
- System Requirements Gathering
- Organizational Planning
- Level of Service Workshops
- Asset Management Plans
- Implementation Planning
- Participation through an online survey from over 400+ DPW staff on current workflows, reports, activities and collaborations.
- In person Interviews with 35 DPW work groups were integral to understanding each group’s business functions, goals, and current performance as well as validating the asset inventory.
- A 147-page Asset Data Inventory report documented analysis of over 100 data sources and also identified needs related to missing data, data quality, duplication, and completeness.
- Participation of 50+ DPW staff in the development of 64 “as-is” workflows and then consensus on consolidated 8 “to-be” workflows across work groups for consistency.
- Over 500 functional requirements for new AWOM system including data migrations and system interfacing required for an integrated solution that supports all work groups.