The city of Chattanooga implemented Cityworks as its Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). It is used throughout the city for tracking Department of Public Works (DPW) and wastewater treatment plant maintenance activities. KCI was awarded an open-end contract with the city to provide GIS application support services. Under this agreement, our team is working closely with the city’s Waste Resources Division (WRD) and Sewer Maintenance Department to improve, expand and support their current Cityworks implementation.
KCI has assisted the city with a number of tasks to support both horizontal and vertical wastewater assets. As an initial task, our team led the upgrade of WRD’s Cityworks implementation from the desktop-based version to the latest Web-based version. To support the upgrade, custom user guides and standard operating procedures (SOPs) used developed to provide on-site user training.
KCI also provides business hours help desk support to users in resolving unforeseen issues. Recently, our team implemented the Storeroom module for use in tracking the various inventory items warehoused at the Moccasin Bend Wastewater Treatment Plant. During this process, data was migrated into Storeroom from the city’s legacy Oracle inventory management system, and an interface was developed to send critical financial data from Cityworks to the Oracle General Ledger.
Services performed to date include:
- Cityworks Upgrade
- Storeroom Implementation
- Financial System Integration
- Stakeholder Communication
- GIS / Cityworks Support
- Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) Development
- Customized Training
- Gap Analysis
- Process Improvement
- Help Desk Support
- Led the upgrade to bring all business units online to the web-based Cityworks platform.
- Provided one-on-one Cityworks training sessions and on-call support to assist users with individual concerns.
- Identified areas for process improvement from observations of day-to-day operations.
- Implemented Cityworks Storeroom for inventory management at the Moccasin Bend Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Developed an interface that sends critical financial data from Cityworks to the City’s General Ledger system.